PDF is the most popular document format commonly used by offices, institutions, and individuals. Adobe Acrobat is a well-known PDF editor, but you have to pay for it.
We have picked the best free pdf editor tools that help you to create, edit, merge and split pdf documents. Some of these online and desktop tools offer trails, and other is completely free tools. You can choose according to feature requirements.
1. Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda online is the best free pdf editor tool that allows you to edit pre-existing texts in the PDF without adding any watermark. This software also supports filling and signing PDF documents.
Sejda free plan comes with limits of up to 200 pages or 50MB and three tasks per hour.
- Add and remove pdf pages.
- It will allow you to add images, hyperlinks, and shapes.
- Support whiteout parts of the pdf file.
- Desktop version available.
- Account registration not require
- Supports pdf files with up to 200 pages.
- Doesn’t edit pdf larger than 50 MB
2. Xara PDF Editor
Xara PDF editor is a cloud-based tool that will allow you to change and download PDF documents easier than ever. Join by creating a free account and access the tool from every device you own.
Moreover, this PDF editor will allow you to merge, edit, split and convert different document types to and from PDF formats. Also, the Xara PDF editor can make any PDF completely editable. Now you can edit text, photos, fonts, color and make your file as attractive as possible.
To improve communication, this PDF tool allows you to leave comments for your colleagues inside the file. In this way, you save time and improve your workflow.
• Change the formats of different documents to and from PDF.
• Edit all the elements of a PDF file.
• Better communicate with your team through comments.
• Extract pages from a PDF.
• Merge, rearrange or delete pages from a PDF.
- Registration required to access all features.
Smallpdf allows you to add text, images, shapes, and signatures in pdf files, but you cannot edit pre-existing text from pdf. You can upload files from your computer, Google Drive, or Dropbox account.
Smallpdf online tool is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile devices. It is a browser-based editing tool that allows you to edit files from any device without any installation or registration.
- Support whiteout area of pdf file
- Can upload files from Drive and Dropbox
- Import shapes
- Can’t edit pre-existing text
- Font types can’t change
4. PDFescape Online
PDFescape is another good online pdf editor tool if you want to edit PDF files. You can add text, images, links, and shapes with customizable sizes, font types, and colors.
It also allows you to delete the individual page, re-organize page order, rotate pages, and add new pages from other PDF files.
The PDFescape online version supports uploading only those PDF files that do not have more than 100 pages, and the file size does not exceed 10 MB.
- No account necessary
- Can delete and add PDF pages
- Lets you add sticky notes and strikethrough text
- File pages and size limit
- Limited fonts
- Desktop version is paid-only
5. PDF-Xchange Editor
PDF-Xchange is a free pdf editing software that is only available for Windows computers. The PDF-Xchange comes with inbuilt optical character recognition(OCR) that recognizes text from scan copy and allows you to edit the same.
The free version of PDF-Xchange allows you to edit existing text, add new text, add new pages, and delete pages from the PDF document, but at the same time program puts the watermark on edited documents.
- Supports optical character recognition(OCR)
- Supports adding QR codes
- Portable version available
- The free version puts watermarks
- Available for Windows only
6. PDFCandy Online
PDFCandy is a multitasking PDF tool that offers multiple tools for working with PDF files.
The PDFcandy offers 44 tools to create, edit, convert, merge, and split pdf files. It also has an OCR(Optical Character Recognition) feature that allows you to convert all PDF text to TXT format.
You can upload files from your device, Google Drive, or Dropbox account.
- Convert pdf to word and image format
- Supports OCR technology
- Compress PDF files to reduce file size
- Merge and Split PDF files
- Can edit PDF metadata
- Can’t edit existing text