1. Piriform Defraggler by CCleaner
Defraggler by CCleaner is the best free defragment software that defrags the entire hard drive & individual files. It works with HDD and SSD drives & supports FAT32 and NTFS file systems.
Defraggler support boot-time defrags, check to drive error and health, empty recycle bin features.
- Schedule defragment
- Defrag specific files & folders
- Defrag HDD during reboot
- Check drives Health
- No registry scan option
- Doesn’t support idle defragment
2.Glarysoft Disk SpeedUp
Glarysoft Disk SpeedUp another best free disk defrag software tool for windows that can defrag the whole hard drive & individual files and folders. You can easily select or exclude specific files & folders before running the defragment.
Disk SpeedUp comes with an inbuilt disk doctor it checks the files and drive errors and fixes them. In addition to its scanning abilities, Disk SpeedUp can run a boot-time defrag, analyze files and drives, schedule defragments daily/weekly/monthly, and automatically shut down the PC after complete defragment.
- Easy to install and totally free
- Support boot time defragments
- Defrag when system idles
- Support schedule defragmentation
- Doesn’t support removable drives
- Duplicate file finder option not available
- Not integrate with Windows Explorer
3. Smart Defrag
Smart Defrag is a free, lights and powerful defragmenting tool that organize your files and folder & increases hard drive performance.
Iobit smart defrag supports running a schedule defragment as well as boot time defragment. It can exclude files & folders from analysis and defrag.
- Automatic schedule defragment
- Boot time defrag
- Can exclude files & folder
- Clear temp files & cache
- Gaming defrag
- Can’t auto defrag when the computer is idle
4. Auslogics Disk Defrag
Auslogics Disk Defrag is a freeware high-performance fast defragmentation tool that helps your system performance.
It supports advanced disk optimization techniques, which will speed up your computer by reducing fragmentation in your storage drive and moving system files to faster segments of your disk.
- Scheduled defragmentation
- Customize disk defrag
- Defragging while the system idle
- Unable to move files to the end of the hard drive
- No option for optimizing SSD